Welcome to The Republic Community Forum, our official discussion site for Republic Wireless. Here you’ll find lively discussion from friendly and helpful customers and enthusiasts.
The Republic Wireless Community is a place where customers help other customers who have issues, questions or just need a helping hand. This is a friendly place where everyone is welcome.
Before posting, please…
- Visit the TOP page to see the most actively discussed topics in the last year/month/week.
- Visit the CATEGORIES page to get a broad overview of what’s going on here. Make sure you read the “About” post for each category before posting there.
- SEARCH before opening a new topic, as someone has probably already asked the same thing and someone else has probably taken the time to provide an answer.
How to post a new topic (thread)
Note: You must be logged in to post! You can log in or create an account using the “Log in” button in the navigation bar near the top of the screen.
- Make sure that your topic has not been asked before by searching for it.
- On a PC, click the “Ask Everyone” button in the top navigation bar.
On mobile, click the Question mark button in the top navigation bar.
- The topic/reply editor will then pop up.
- Pick the category that best fits your topic.(see below)
- Enter your topic title and detail and click on the “Create Topic” button.
If you want to learn more, please visit our Community FAQ.
- General Discussions - Not sure where to put your post or just want to talk about whatever? General Discussions is the right place.
- Questions & Answers - Need to know “How do I…”, “Can I…” or “What is…”, ask your question here. Others will answer to the best of their ability. This is the place to get answers from our experienced members. Read the “About Guide” before posting in #QA.
- [Problem Solving] (Problem Solving - Community Forums) - Is something about your phone service not working properly? Do you want help getting it fixed? Give us the details so we can help.
New User Tips & Tricks
Selecting a topic title will always take you to your last read post in the topic. To enter at the top ↑ or bottom ↓ instead, select the reply count or last reply date.
Topics above the light red line are new or updated since your last visit. If you have read all the way to the end of a topic, its title will be light gray instead of black.
For search, the menu, or your user page, use the icon buttons docked at the upper right.
While reading a topic, use the timeline on the right side to jump to the top, bottom, or your last read position. On smaller screens, select the bottom progress bar to expand it.
(If you have a physical keyboard, you can also press ? for a list of keyboard shortcuts.)
Press any Reply button to open the editor panel at the bottom of your browser. Continue reading (and even navigate to different topics) while you compose your reply; minimize the editor for more room. Drafts will automatically be saved as you write.
To insert a quote, select the text you wish to quote, then press the Quote button that pops up. Repeat for multiple quotes.
To notify someone about your reply, mention their name. Type @ to begin selecting a username.
To use standard Emoji, just type : to match by name or traditional smileys
To generate a summary for a link, paste it on a line by itself. To start a topic with a link, paste the link into the title field.
Your reply can be formatted using simple HTML, BBCode, or Markdown:
This is <b>bold</b>. This is [b]bold[/b]. This is **bold**.
For more formatting tips, try our tutorial.
There are action buttons at the bottom of each post:
- To let someone know that you enjoyed and appreciated their post, use the like button. Share the love!
- Grab a copy-pasteable link to any reply or topic via the link button.
- Use the … button to reveal more actions. Flag to privately let the author, or the site staff, know about a problem. Bookmark to find this post later on your profile page.
When someone is talking directly to you — by replying to you, quoting your post, mentioning your
@username, or even linking to your post, a number will immediately appear over your profile picture docked at the top right. Select it to access your notifications.
Don’t worry about missing a reply – you’ll be emailed any notifications that arrive when you are away.
All topics less than two days old are considered new and will show a new indicator.
Any topic you’ve actively participated in — by creating it, replying to it, or reading it for an extended period — will be automatically tracked on your behalf, and will show an unread post count indicator.
You can change your notification level for any topic via the notification control at the bottom, and right-hand side, of each topic.
Notification level can also be set per category. To change any of these defaults, see your user preferences.
If you want to learn more tips and tricks or have one to share, go to #tips
After posting, what next?
Depending on your Community settings, answers in reply specifically to you will be E-mailed to you.
All the answers to your question, whether they are directed specifically to you or are part of the conversation that unfolds between members who reply, are in your topic. If you are reading the replies by E-mail, you may be missing some of the conversation. Each E-mail will include a button to take you back to the conversation in our Community. When you reply to each E-mail those replies show up publicly in the topic as well.
It’s not necessary to reply to each E-mail you receive, sometimes it’s easier to come back to the Community and post one reply to everyone who has answered.
All About You
We look forward to getting to know you better! Introduce yourself in our Greetings and Introductions thread! Update your Community Profile and Username on your profile preferences page, by clicking your profile picture at top right, your username, and the word “preferences.” If you don’t see the option to update your username, we’ll be glad to update it for you by request in our username-change request thread!.
If you have any questions about using the forum please ask them by replying below.