What do the connectivity symbols at the top of my screen mean?

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Moto G4, My Choice plan, 1 GB data

Issue Description

Is there a place where I can find the meaning of the various levels of cellular strength/connectivity symbols on my phone? Instead of the usual partially filled right triangle, it’s giving me something that I think says “no way will you ever connect.”

Hi @johng.6r5jad - here’s a Q&A article with some information about the connectivity status notifications.

One swipe down and you should get the notification. See if that helps.

1 Like
  • The reference that @freddyp provided, gives you the description of Republic’s App connectivity… if this is not what you’re looking for and you are concerned with the cellular connectivity … the following may provide some additional help
    • All Moto devices provide :motohelp: Moto Help, I don’t have the same phone as you and what you are seeing may be determined by the carrier you are on.
      • Find the :motohelp: Moto Help (in the :appsicon: App Drawer)
      • I used the search function and searched on ‘status icons’
2 Likes

Thanks freddyp. I didn’t think to look at the Republic app. I’m just noticing the icon in the top bar. I’ll check the Republic App today when I’m up there.

1 Like

Thanks jben. I found the symbol explaination, but they don’t address the particular combination that I’m seeing. I’ll be up there today and I’ll get a screenshot.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer