What is the best strategy to get my problem resolved?

I think I have a Moto E (1st Gen). On Dec 20, I received a text from GR saying that my credit card expiration date had passed. I ignored this message (didn’t even open it) thinking that it wasn’t a significant problem that demanded instant action, plus the kids were out of school and so had been busy keeping them active, and it the holidays so just busy overall. A follow up message was sent on Jan 1, and the account was suspended on Jan 5. On Jan 12, I updated the credit card and received a prompt message thanking me for payment. After two days went by, and still no service, I started searching for answers. I created a help ticket, but it either didn’t completely go through or got cancelled. I started another ticket, and also opened a chat line with Lena. She was nice and helpful, but it was clear that I had some kind of technical issue that wasn’t easy to solve; there was no activation option when opening the GR app. Later, Mason got involved and he seemed to think it was related to billing. Finally, Andrew got involved but his advice was similar to Lena’s, and so I was not able to move forward.

It is now a week or so without a working phone. I consider myself a good customer in the sense that I have been a good paying customer for some time. I don’t understand who Lena, Mason and Andrew are. Are they employees: what is their incentive to care about my problem? Why doesn’t anyone know how to reactivate an account? Is the best strategy to aggressively write negative reviews on various websites to punish this company and try to save others these types of hassles? Should I just wait and hope a Good Samaritan passes by and offers their help and hopefully has the technical knowledge to solve my problem? Should I just keep asking questions in this forum? What strategy will get me a working phone?

Edit: My ticket 1047420 and the ticket says I have a Moto G

@quyenl.wdhgdi

Sounds like you need intervention. Please leave your ticket numbers here in this forum where an emp. can get some light on the situation. Ping @southpaw@rw

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Hi @quyenl.wdhgdi ,

No need to paste your ticket number as I’ve located it and your chat session. I’ll review them both and respond on your ticket before I leave the office tonight.

I don’t understand who Lena, Mason and Andrew are. Are they employees: what is their incentive to care about my problem?

Yes, Lena, Mason, and Andrew are dedicated support agents who are committed to helping you. Your situation is unusual and not something simply fixed with a press of single button.

Why doesn’t anyone know how to reactivate an account?

Under normal circumstances, we do. However something seems awry in your situation. We need to figure this out together.

Is the best strategy to aggressively write negative reviews on various websites to punish this company and try to save others these types of hassles?

You may certainly do so, but I’m not sure how it would help with activation. If you’d like to activate your phone, please give me a few moments to review your ticket and see whether I have any idea what might solve your issue. If I don’t, I’ll ask someone smarter than me to follow up.

Should I just wait and hope a Good Samaritan passes by and offers their help and hopefully has the technical knowledge to solve my problem? Should I just keep asking questions in this forum? What strategy will get me a working phone?

Sometimes the Community is very good at solving issues, but yours seems beyond their scope this time.

My problems were solved. Took about a week. Note to self, when you receive a notice of non-payment, deal with it promptly.

The format of this type of custom service is strange if you are not used to it. Without going into a lot of detail, my general recommendation to others who encounter a similar situation, is to hang in there and give it a chance. Let’s be honest, traditional customer service is no cakewalk either.

For those who need instantaneous solutions for every problem, every time; a low-cost company like RW may not be for you. When I consider the month after month of problem-free service I have received for such a low price; I conclude RW is right for me. I look forward to continued business with RW.

Thanks to all who helped me with my problem, especially Southpaw who saw it through to the very end.

Message an
Expert customer