What Wi-Fi Routers work with Republic? Find out, or tell us!

Ver. 1.0

@behuld

“1.0” is the hardware version of the device, not the firmware version.

You’ll need to access the routers administration web page to see the firmware version.

See page 114 of the Archer C8 User Guide for where to look for it.

Linksys EA6350 with separate Arris Surfboard SB6183 replacing dreaded leased equipment from TWC!

QoS Yes! But on this router is called “Media Prioritization” which when toggled on in the Linksys Smart WiFi site (or android app) you’re able to move any of your wirelessly connected devices to “High Priority”!

Firmware 1.0.4.164719

I’ve had this set-up for a few months now with good sound quality and no dropped calls but the router settings I just recently tweaked (see Great! WiFi calls go missing in the discussions) Rolandh

Auto-save! saved it and didn’t time out…lol

My Netgear orbi rbr50 works like a champ.

You might consider adding that information here: Republic Wireless and Your Wi-Fi Router.

For those unfamiliar with the linked Wikia site; it’s a long standing effort from fellow Community members but is not otherwise affiliated with Republic Wireless the company.

My 2 Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO-E Access Points with UniFi Controller work great in my house! I also have an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X-SFP handling traffic to both of them and out to the Internet with Smart Queuing-QoS enabled.
Didn’t know what the best way of adding this info to the Wikia would be, so I thought I’d place it here (plus I forgot about it too!)