Whats App on Moto Fast cell phone

What phone do you have? Moto Fast

What plan are you on? Unlimited Tel, text & Messages within Canada

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1 GB

Issue Description

My friend just recently got a Motorola Fast, I helped set it up and all working well but being her first Android, (she had a small iPhone and was only used for Whats App) I think she started looking into all Settings and did something. I helped correct a few problems, like now suddenly could only get in with a Pin (which originally she did not want) . Everything before was working on the Whats App, she could open videos, photos, send Video voice messages etc, but for a few days she cannot access any of that. When she tries to open the video, it says “Cannot download etc”. Similar when she wants to send a voice Microphone video. ALSO she cannot send LARGE EMOJIS but can send the small ones. We called the cell provider, suggestions was tried, did not work. Now she is so upset as Whats App is her lifeline. She mostly uses with WI-Fi.
I have looked in the Internet for help it was suggested that it might have to do with Zone Date &time. I don’t know if she touched that. I went one by one in the settings and matched against my phone. (I have no problem with Whats App but did not think of the Zone etc.
Any help and please offer in a easy way to understand. Step by step. Olinda

Hi @olindaps1501,

You’ve posted your question in the Republic Wireless Member Community. This is a space for members of Republic Wireless to help one another with questions about our phones, our service, and our policies.

I don’t say that to suggest that you are not welcome, but only to make it very clear that our members may not have a solution for you, since they are not familiar with the service provider your friend is using in Canada. You may want to contact WhatsApp or see if her service provider has a forum like this one where its users help one another.

It isn’t clear to me from what you’ve written whether WhatsApp has quit working entirely, or only when she’s away from WiFi. You wrote:

I just want to be sure that this means “when it works - she mostly uses it on WiFi” not that she’s currently using it on WiFi because it’s failing on cell.

If I’ve understood correctly and it’s working neither on WiFi or Cell, here are a few things to try:
Make sure the phone is not in Airplane mode
Check to see if there are any updates the phone needs in the Play Store app
Uninstall, then re-install the Whatsapp app.

Beyond that, if her cellular provider can’t help, you might try contacting the WhatsApp team.

Good luck! :crossed_fingers:

Thank you.

Message an
Expert customer