WhatsApp in Paris

Going to Paris. Can I use my Galaxys8 to send a text on WhatsApp to a French phone number that is also connected to WhatsApp?

Can I access Google maps on wifi in Paris?

Should I switch any settings on my phone when I arrive?

Thanks or Merci!

This article may be informative for you:

I do not know anything about WhatsApp…but I can say that it should work normally on unrestricted wifi, but if you wish to use it on cellular mobile data, you will need to get a local SIM in France, as RW has no International cellular service.

1 Like

Doing so works exactly as it would in the U.S., so long as your phone is connected to the Internet. Public WiFi tends to be readily available in Europe (particularly cities and larger towns). Alternatively, you may as previously pointed out obtain a local provider’s SIM for your Galaxy S8.

Again, you’ll need an Internet connection or need to use Google Maps offline. More on that from Google is linked here: Download areas and navigate offline.

When traveling internationally, it’s important to know which Republic SIM type your S8 is provisioned with. Please let us know. Here’s how to tell: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA – Republic Help.

2 Likes

Thanks, that helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer