when I call someone they can’t hear me…contacted Samsung and they assured me it wasn’t the phone and to contact my carrier
A bit more help/info from you might get a response that will help you.
- Which Samsung phone, is experiencing the problem?
- Are you GSM or CDMA? see How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA – Republic Help
- Does this occur on WiFi, Cell or both?
1- Galaxy J-3
2- don’t know
2- it is GMS
it is GSM
As your phone appears to be either 3 or 5 years old, I will assume this is a new problem?
- Have you tried any/all of the following?
- Power off Power on
- Done this: How to Clear Cache on Android – Republic Help
- Have you recently got a new case for the phone?
tried everything…contacted Samsung which had me in settings and told me the phone was fine and to contact my carrier
they had me download a voice recorder to show me my microphone was fine
Here a similar problem from the Samsung community with an answer marked as correct:
tried all that b4 I contacted Samsung
Have you done this How to Refresh the Republic Wireless Activation – Republic Help
Do you have a case on the phone? Try removing it.
Another suggestion from online was to disable the proximity sensor (I don’t have a J3 so I hope these are correct):
- Tap the Phone icon
- Tap the Menu icon
- Go to Call settings
- Find the setting to turn off screen during calls and disable it.
didn’t help but TY!
no help but TY!
Did you do the Refresh Activation? (link above)
did it already
I would guess you might now want to consider the advice that Samsung gave you and Open a Ticket …make sure you list everything that you have already tried