When I purchase a new phone, can I request to use the Sprint network instead of the T-mobile network?

coverage

I live and work in a somewhat rural area and based on coverage maps, it looks like it would be better to be on the sprint network than on the T-mobile network. My understanding is that when you go to buy a phone Republic automatically chooses the best network based on your home address, but given my non-wifi usage locations, I would prefer to be able to select the network that would work best. Is there a way to request a specific network when you upgrade to a new phone?

You can either request Sprint with a zip code that would let you have Sprint or the most common way is to either buy a byop phone that can use Sprint or Tmobile and get a GSM sim card for Tmobile then make a support ticket out after activation and ask to be on Sprint.
The choice is made by a computer choice on your location so a zip code in a Sprint area can happen but I don’t know how to actually pick that zip code.

We were in the same boat. We ordered a Moto E4, which will work with either T Mobile or Sprint. It was set up for T Mobile when we got it. We knew we could get Sprint coverage. They spent us a Sprint sim right away and we now have cell service at home. Never had it before.

Thanks! I’m looking especially at the G6 play and the E5 play. Do you know if these phones support both Sprint and T-mobile?

the Moto G6 Play supports both CDMA and GSM,
the Moto E5 Play is GSM only