When I text my husband a strange number shows up

What phone do you have? Samsung s10+

What plan are you on? $25.00

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? all

Issue Description

When I text my husband a strange number appears at his end. His texts do not come through either. I have also noticed that many texts sent by group text are not coming through. My husband also has republic and he has lost all his history of texts conversations It seems that it is a problem between Republic phones

Are you using the supported messaging app … Google Messages and have you turned off the Chat feature How to Disable the RCS Chat Features in Messages by Google – Republic Help

ETA

3 Likes

This texting issue happened to me around 11/11/20… My phone on messaging… Wife’s on Anywhere… For some undetermined reason messages activated chat… I had same symptoms as reported when texting wife’s RW anywhere but ok texting with non RW phones… I did figure out the problem… Anywhere does not support chat…

Because Google is turning it on on all phones using Messages.

That’s not actually the issue, the issue is that the chat feature doesn’t “understand” Republic’s hybrid calling. If your wife had been on Messages, the same issue would have occurred. It has nothing to do with Anywhere.

I’m having the same issue!
I tried the suggested solution in the settings and it hasn’t resolved yet. I’m not sure what else to try…
It happens completely at random. It will operate normally for weeks and then BAM.

Do you have a Samsung phone?

Yes, a Samsung S9.
I don’t know if you’ll be able to see this screen shot but I’ll attach it anyway. It’s a text message that comes from MY number TO ME (!?!?!?)
LOL :woman_shrugging:
When I go to the Republic app, it’s like my phone wakes up and my texts start flooding in.

You’re having a completely different problem. The solution to your problem is here: How to Ensure the Republic Wireless App Is Not Put to Sleep by the Samsung Operating System – Republic Help

Wow thanks, I’ll check that out!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer