When is Republic releasing Android 7 Nougat update to Moto G4 Play?

Does anyone know when Republic will be releasing the Android 7 Nougat update to the Moto G4 Play?

New! Quickly Block Unknown Calls from the Republic Wireless App

Republic doesn’t release update as the Phones are now unlock version and will be updated when the OEM updates them (in the case of the Moto G4 Play the OEM is Motorola/Lenovo)

Yes, but their website says they released it in June. I still haven’t gotten it or any notification about it. It just says I’m all up to date even though I’m still in Android Marshmallow

if you think Motorola has release it on your phone has not gotten it then you need to take it up with Motorola Support
https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/cell-phones/android-series/moto-g-play-4th-gen?linkTrack=Homepage%3ABody_Search+Products

just note if I recall correctly so far only the Moto G4 and G4 plus have gotten the 7.0+ update, and not the Moto G4 Play but I may be wrong (either way Republic is not in the Update loop)

Ok. Thank you :grin:

They are not updating it. Both Motorola and Republic finally admitted they have no plans to update the G4 play. Even after both of them said the contrary.

I searched for Moto G4 Play and Republic Wireless at
https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/softwareupgrade , and that page says:

Moto g4 play

This device will be upgraded to the Android 7 (Nougat) release, pending partner support.

Those partners aren’t Republic but rather the underlying cellular partners who Republic provisions service with. It’s the nature of doing business with an MVNO. Republic does not own the network.

Motorola just stared updating the Moto G4 play to Nougat 7.1.2 in January. It’s gone out in Brazil, Europe, Canada and India. Also heard a report in UK. Hopefully US will be very soon

Yeah, been hearing about this phantom update in Brazil and other places since June 2017! I’ll say it again. Motorola has said very clearly in correspondence I have personally had with them that they are NOT updating the G4 Play to Nougat!

You want to be the first and deal with the bugs? There may be a method to the madness of the updates for Moto devices in the US. Grass not always greener on the other side.

:flight_departure:

If you go here you’ll see that Motorola confirms updates to move the G4 Play to Android 7.11(Nougat) have already rolled out in Canada. I would urge you to seek clarity on that correspondence that you have as it appears that Nougat for the G4 Play is a thing. These updates look sweet and I’m super excited for them to come to the G4 Play (sooner rather than later, hopefully! :grin:)

I agree you should contact Moto again as I was on chat with this weekend and they confirmed that Nougat 7.1.1 has started rolling out. They just couldn’t give me a firm date as to when it would start rolling out in the US

Exact same thing I read and heard a year ago. The exact same thing!

A year ago I did read an article that Moto would be start to release Nougat in June. I have had a G4 play since Jan 2017 so I kept up on the report and waited. Only a soak test was released ( i believe in India or maybe it was Brazil, can’t recall). but then nothing. I can only assume there were problems with the soak test and they decided not to roll the update now.

However, now there have been multiple reports (and screenshots) of G4 play users getting the Nougat update in the following countries (Brazil, India, Germany, Canada, Denmark). So this is clearly a rollout which in June was just a bunch or internet articles SAYING it was going to be rolled out.

I’m cautiously optimistic that the US will get it but who knows Moto may let me down once again

I was wondering how everyone’s update to nougat 7.0 is going. I personally didn’t get mine!

Nope, lenovo never released it in the US for the unlocked version. Only the Verizon branded Moto G4 play got Nougat sinve Verizon themselves released it

Motorola says they still haveit planned on their support site for whatever it means. Motorola however hasn’t doesn’t have a good track record these days taking a super long time with the Moto X Pure and Marshmallow I mean nougat.

That said, the Moto Pure did get Nougat, eventually. lol.

Er… darn, I forgot what version we were on. I meant Nougat.