When not on Wifi my cellular signal changes to bars with “LTE” and an “X”

I recently stopped receiving most of my texts and calls sent to my Moto Z Play which was purchased not even a year ago. The Wifi connection works fine and for the most part I’ll get most of the texts and calls sent to me while I’m connected to Wifi but not all of them. Also, while on Wifi my cellular signal indicator shows many to all bars. However, away from Wifi my cellular signal changes from just bars to bars with “LTE” and an “X” and I do not receive most or even all the texts and calls sent to my phone. I have done all these things and they have not fixed the problem:

1. Restart the phone

2. Restart the phone in a good place with good cellular signal

3. Check I have mobile network settings enabled

4. Reset Network settings and restart phone

I’d appreciate any help you can provide.

~ Leah

As you’ve taken those steps, and because the “x” indicates issues that it will likely be unable for us to resolve, I think you’ll need to open a ticket to have support work with you to resolve this.

My Moto E4 has an x along with the LTE symbol. When I purchased a gb of data the x went away. Previously I was on the talk and text only plan.

Before and after adding data everything was working normally.

I recently, before this problem, purchased a gb of data however I have already used all of it up for this month.

Hi @melaniep.qh0xmw,

I see you did open a ticket as @louisdi advised, and I don’t want the Community to have you trying a lot of different things that may conflict with steps you’re given in the ticket. I was wondering if you’d check one setting, though.
Launch the settings app, and use the “search” option to search for “network mode”. Could you tell us what is selected there?

These are the settings on my phone right now.

Ok, thank you for checking!

2 posts were split to a new topic: Help with setting up my phone

A post was merged into an existing topic: Help with setting up my phone, it is asking for a PIN

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.