Where do I buy a sim card for BYOP?

I’m bringing my own phone. I clicked a link for the online store to buy a SIM card, but the page said NOT FOUND. Where do I go to buy a SIM card?

• Moto G Pure
  • 44906 ZIP Code

You’ll go to Cell Phone Plans – Republic Wireless and choose a plan. When you select “Get Plan” it will add it to your cart and you can begin the checkout process, where you will choose “I’ll use my existing phone.”

2 Likes

Thank you! Are you aware of any checkout problems? I can get all the way to “Review & Submit Order,” and it won’t go past that point. Everything is good, I can press the “Place My Order” button, but it just cycles back to the same page I’m already on.

Did you create a new account for the new plan, or login with your current account? As I understand it, the new plans require a new account at the present time. Please see the following help article:

It’s called a Republic Wireless Mystery submission. I’ve had similar issues. You just never know.

in short one does not buy the a SIM but buys the Plan and it comes with a SIM

3 Likes

OK, now I’m lost. I ordered two SIM cards yesterday (or plans, I guess??) as I desperately need to activate a new phone for my wife and figured we’d both switch to the new plan her phone requires in order to get the discount. At the time I was informed the SIM cards were backordered, but as of now it appears they might be prepping to ship – I really can’t tell. I submitted a help ticket for clarification on timing of the backorder yesterday but was just told congrats on my new phones and given a link explaining what backorder means. But my account also shows both our existing phones as well as two new unidentified phones. Does this mean that even if the new SIM cards come I can’t just activate our phones on the new plans with the new SIM cards and the same phone numbers??