Where is Anywhere Icon on PC

I have installed Anywhere on my Win 7PC but I can’t find an Icon on my desktop. How do I find Anywhere?

Click on Start and then look through the list of apps. When you find it pin it to your task bar.

1 Like

It is not in my apps or program files. It installed OK and was synced with my phone but I can’t find a way to start it.

Did you try the Windows 7 search feature? This is the icon:

This is where the search feature finds it on my Windows 10 PC:

I searched for “anywhere”

This attachment is what came up when I used Windows 7 search.

You found it. Next time rather than opening program, right click and pin to start, desktop, and where ever you desire.

1 Like

Thanks you BG very much for all your help. I’ll try what you told me and see if I can get to work

@billg,

I tried looking for it with the search that was recommended in this thread, however, it comes up with the Install Republic Anywhere. I have tried searching for it in the C:\ directory and I still cannot find it. I don’t want to keep installing it for it may slow down my WIn7 Toshiba laptop. Any other suggestions?

I know it’s been a long time since I have been to these forums but I got busy with work and didn’t have time to peruse the forums, but now that I am out of a job…I may have a little extra time. Still looking and haven’t found anything yet. :frowning:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide.

Paralegal76

Did you try looking here but with your username?

C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\republicanywhere\app-0.11.4

@billg,

I checked the path that was provided. I don’t understand why I can’t find it. Unless it’s not installing the software directly to the puter itself?

On my Win7 install, RA is loaded as a service. In the Sys Tray that is displayed on the bottom and to the right on the taskbar , there should be an icon that looks like 2 small upward arrows. Click on it and a small menu will display. Click on Customize. Under Icons, find the one for Republic Wireless. Change the Behaviors for it to Show icon and notifications. Now you will have the RA icon permanently displayed until it is upgraded again, and then you will need to do again.

Click on the up-arrow near the time and see if the RA icon is there. If it is, right-click on it and go to preference. Make sure it is set to start at boot. Then reboot. When it is running, pin it to the task bar.

I have everything checked so it will start anytime I boot it up, but it will not load up everytime I boot it up. Of course, b/c I have to connect to the internet when I come to the library or when I go to a family/friend’s house.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer