Where IS Text caller automatically when I'm busy?

apps

hello. I just got a new phone. Before I had the 1st generation Moto X and loved it. I just upgraded to the Moto X Pure. Before if someone called me while I was busy the phone would automatically text the caller and tell them I was busy. It was part of “Moto actions” Now that I have a new phone and supposedly a new OS that has disappeared. Where did it go? Am I the only one who noticed?

0 Likes

Motorola discontinued the Moto (Assist) app.

0 Likes

@jefferyb

I don’t know if it’s compatible with your phone but I have heard of this alternative but no reviews.

HOUND Voice Search & Assistant - Android Apps on Google Play

*** ~~ßocephous™***

0 Likes

I had the Gen. 1 and Gen. 2 Moto x but never used the facility you mention. However there is a Quick Responses feature built into the Dialer app and it still exists in Marshmallow but I have no idea how to use it. I looked for info on this and all I could find was how to edit the quick responses – which wasn’t an issue; it’s dead simple to do.

• Tap the 3-dot menu at the left of the search box at the top of the dialer app.
  • Tap Settings. (About half the time I triggered a Contact search instead of the Settings menu.)
  • Tap ‘Quick responses’ and the list will open up. You may edit each one by tapping it.
  • ??? No idea how to actually trigger the selction/of one.
    I looked for articles on how to use this and pointless articles on how to do what I listed up above. For instance:

http://teckfront.com/edit-quick-responses-android-6-0-x-marshmallow-devices/

I saw a couple posts in discussions about the feature saying it was removed, one that said it works sometimes but not others and a couple that said you can access it by swiping up. It’s too late to ask anyone to call me at the moment but try swiping up and see if that works. Sometimes.

0 Likes

closed #5
0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer