Where's my data?

**What phone do you have?Samsung

**What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB

**Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?Data

Issue Description

This morning I got notice I was almost out of data, which made no sense. I am home 95% of the time and have good wifi. Then I noticed I had received emails. The first said I had less than 25% data left; 8 minutes later it was less than 10%; 25 minutes later it was less than 5%. I may have been on Facebook or checking emails during that time, nothing more. I checked my phone and wifi was turned off - I did not turn it off. I have now turned off Mobile Data so it won’t eat up my last little bit of data, but does data really run out that fast? I checked what’s using up my data and it is mostly Facebook (which I also uninstalled).

@janetf.7qqo03
Very sorry this fell through the cracks, the auto system just popped a reminder as no activity for 27 days.
It looks like you ‘solved’ the problem and your assumption that Facebook was probably the 1st thing that many users would recommend as a fix. Having Data turned off can cause you some connectivity problems, so may I suggest that you turn data back on and then see: How to Enable Data Freeze in the Republic Wireless Application – Republic Help

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer