Which phone would be currently be better to buy now: the Moto G5 Plus or the Moto X Pure?

I am planning on getting a new phone since I recently dropped my 2-year-old phone and I am wondering if it would be better to buy a Moto G5 plus or a Moto X Pure. I would like to spend less than $300 and my first instinct was to get the new Moto G5 Plus before I saw how cheap the Moto X Pure had gotten. I am worried about how well the Moto G5 Plus would hold up in the future with only 2gb of RAM and a Snapdragon 625. I like how the Moto X Pure has better specs and a quad HD screen but I am wondering what you guys think about which one is a better deal.

Thanks.

Hi @connorw.pavjwn!

It’s totally up to you. The Moto X Pure is older and won’t receive the newest software. However, it has a better camera, NFC, is cheaper, and a nicer design. If that is important to you, then go with the Pure. If you want a newer device with a fingerprint reader, you should go with the Moto G5 Plus.

mb2x

Which would have better performance? The Snapdragon 625 is actually faster than the 808, but the Moto G5 Plus only has 2 GB of RAM while the Pure has 3GB.

the 64 GB version has 4 GB of RAM for the same price as the 32 GB of the Moto X Pure ($299)

I haven’t used either so I don’t know for sure. However, with the latest software, both should run pretty comparable. They both should be pretty snappy.

Message an
Expert customer