Which republic phone has the longest battery life?

Battery life on my Moto X is dropping, so I am thinking about getting a new phone, rather than spending the $ to have the battery replaced.

Which of the phones that Republic offers has the longest battery life (i.e. longest time between recharging)? And, since some of the phones cost quite a bit more than others, it would be good to know what are the top 2 or 3 phones in terms of battery life.

Sincerely,

Ben White

As on long time user of smartphones you are probably aware (hopefully not painfully) that battery life is very subjective… but YMMV, as the life will depend on where you are, how much you use the phone for calls, driving, etc etc.

Here is one recent comparison I found

Smartphones With the Best Battery Life - Consumer Reports

Number 1 in terms of battery life has to be the Moto Z Play. I got mine a few weeks ago, and I can easily go two days with steady usage without recharging. And the turbo charge feature charges the phone from nearly zero to 100 in just a few hours. I’m not sure what numbers two or three would be, but this is definitely number 1. Great phone too.

@benw.26ak56

While the Moto Z has been mentioned you must consider the Moto Z phone being a GSM phone. The phones come in assorted flavors now, we have GSM, CDMA, or Tutti Fruity GSM/CDMA. There happens to be the Mystery flavor of CDMA “OR” GSM depending on your location RW’s computer chooses which will be best in their opinion for you.

GSM (Tmobile 3.0) and CDMA (Sprint 3.0) compatible:

Moto G4 | Moto G4 PLUS | Moto G4 PLAY | Moto X Pure Edition | Nexus 5X | Nexus 6P | Samsung Galaxy S7 | Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

GSM (Tmobile 3.0) compatible only:

Huawei Ascend 5W | Moto Z | Moto Z Play | Samsung Galaxy J3 | Samsung Galaxy S6

Republic Wireless Coverage

Smartphones for every budget | Republic Wireless

Top Android Smartphones, payment plans optional | Republic Wireless

*** ~~ßocephous™***

1 Like

I would suggest Moto G4 Play to consider. It has a 2850 mAh battery and that’s more than average for this rather low power consuming phone. The battery is removable so the phone can be used for many years to come without worrying about battery deterioration.

Okay, so I understand that GSM and CDMA are two different modulation protocols (is that right?), but how does that affect me? If I want the Moto Z Play for long battery life, that seems to mean I am limited to the GSM network. If I am connected to a Wifi network at home, it’s a non-issue, right? But, what if I am driving (with a hands-free device, of course), or at work, and I want to talk? What if I am on vacation, and roaming?

I currently have a Moto X gen 1, and I honestly don’t know which protocol it uses, but I’m pretty sure it uses the Sprint network.

@buff-er Feb 5, 2017 11:45 PM

The battery is removable so the phone can be used for many years to come without worrying about battery deterioration.

G4 Play is an excellent choice if battery life is your primarily concern as you can purchase a spare battery to carry along as in the old days.

@benw.26ak56 Feb 6, 2017 2:06 AM

Okay, so I understand that GSM and CDMA are two different modulation protocols (is that right?), but how does that affect me?

If the GSM network doesn’t provide good coverage where you live, travel or happen to move to in the future a new phone may be required. In some areas Sprint CDMA network may simply provide better coverage and good to have the choice now or later.

@bocephous Feb 5, 2017 7:09 PM
The phones come in assorted flavors now, we have GSM, CDMA, or Tutti Fruity GSM/CDMA.

So you and others don’t misunderstand; the phones are either GSM or GSM/CDMA compatible.

Phones that are only GSM compatible and purchased from RW will arrive with a GSM SIM card.

Phones that are GSM/CDMA compatible and purchased from RW will arrive with a GSM or CDMA SIM card depending upon the results of a zip code coverage check or account zip if no check was done.

BYOP phones are limited to using the GSM network as that’s the only standalone SIM card RW offers for sale at this time.

There is no Tutti Fruity GSM/CDMA service available from RW as it’s GSM or CDMA and not a combination or similar to the service/coverage Google Fi offers.

@benw.26ak56 Feb 6, 2017 2:06 AM
I currently have a Moto X gen 1, and I honestly don’t know which protocol it uses, but I’m pretty sure it uses the Sprint network.

Your Moto X1 and other Legacy RW phones do indeed use the Sprint CDMA network.

I’ll suggest you consider the Moto X Pure GSM/CDMA as a replacement. As the X1 it was Moto’s high end phone phone when introduced, has many nice features, reasonably priced and in my experience the battery life is excellent. Good luck and thank you.

@benw.26ak56

In short all I was saying is make sure you decide on the proper service that will give you the best service most of the time. Cell phones don’t have 100% service in my experiences. Pick the phone that suits you the best either CDMA or GSM, not the phone with the biggest battery.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Message an
Expert customer