Which S8 model is compatible?

device

I am thinking about trading in my Moto X Pure Edition for a newer Samsung Galaxy S8 (or S9 if Republic can introduce it in the next few months), and I saw that through the BYOP program you the only compatible model is SM-G950U1. When I go to Samsung’s website and look at their unlocked S8’s the model number listed is SM-G950U. Is this seemingly different model the same as SM-G950U1, because it is the only option for factory unlocked Galaxy S8’s on their website. If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @cynthiap.z1w1bo!

Republic supports the North American unlocked version of the S8. However, look for the following SKUs in the description: SM-G950UZKAXAA and SM-G950UZBAXAA . I have attached a photo of the page as well. The phone on Samsungs website (SM-G950U1) matches the SKU provided by Republic so it is compatible.

mb2x

BYOP not supported in my area. Is that just for phones that RW doesn't usually work with?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.