Which Samsung Galaxy S9 is supported with Republic?

I am considering getting a Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+, but there are two versions available, the domestic version, and a “dual-sim” version. Are both of these compatible with Republic? Currently using a Moto G4 that is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Us factory unlocked versions only. The dual SIM is an international version.

2 Likes

@miker.smtc6x - You might find the following information in Tips & Tricks useful. Has a good section with a lot of details on Samsung (and many other brands).

4 Likes

Thank you both for the information, it is appreciated!

@miker.smtc6x - hope all the information helps. Selecting a compatible phone can be confusing and guides like this can really help. Good luck on your search!

Hi Freddy, it certainly is! On an unrelated note, can I re-use my Republic SIM card that I currently have in my Moto G4 when I get a new (used) phone?

Maybe. On the G4 open the Republic App, click the little gear at the top, then About. What does it say there for “SIM Type”? If it says “GSM” you can move the SIM. If it says “CDMA” come back and we’ll figure out next steps.

Thanks Louis, it is indeed GSM; do I need to anything besides swap in my SIM and install the Republic app to get the new phone going?

That’s pretty much it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer