Who is carrier for Moto G4 from RW

Who is the carrier for Moto G4 phones, purchased at RW?

1 Like

if purchased as a BYOD from a third party then it’s GSM (T-Mobile)

if purchased from Republic before November 21st then it’s GSM (T-Mobile)

if purchased from Republic as a new customer (new line and account) then it’s GSM (T-Mobile)

if purchased from Republic since November 11th by a current customer (as line upgrades or new line on current account) it could be GSM (T-Mobile) or CDMA (Sprint)

Republic Wireless 3.0 CDMA Update |Republic Wireless 3.0 CDMA Update

{Moto G4, Moto G4 Plus, Moto X Pure, Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P have all been ship as either GSM or CDMA depending on Republic computer check of coverage that would be best for that billing zip code)

Note the Samsung Galaxy S7 family phones have CDMA but have not been ship that way from republic

the moto G4 Play is just starting selling from Republic so no word on if they will ship them CDMA or not

**edit2 Republic spec now list the Moto G4 Play as CDMA compatible Moto G PLAY (4th Gen.) Tech Specs **

Note the Moto Z family, Huawei Ascend, and Samsung Galaxy S6 and J3 are GSM only phones

edit

and note the Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 6, (up til now the Moto G4 Play have all been BYOD)

Note Republic does not sell the Pixels.

1 Like

I forgot about that

1 Like

Well, my new Moto G4 just arrived today and I wondered why the box had a sticker that said CDMA. If your comment is correct, I bought it for nothing. I thought I ordered a GSM phone because I wanted to use it while traveling abroad. I hope RW can exchange it for a GSM Moto G4.

1 Like

I thought I ordered a GSM phone because I wanted to use it while traveling abroad. I hope RW can exchange it for a GSM Moto G4.

It is still a carrier unlocked phone supporting both GSM on other carriers and CDMA. The answer the G4 is BOTH. Because of where you live, we sent it CDMA but if you travel or need to pop in another carrier’s GSM it will work fine.

Hi @chiekok,

For what it’s worth, I’m able to verify from personal experience that a CDMA activated Republic phone will work with other service provider’s GSM SIMs. I’ve tested AT&T, T-Mobile and Three (UK service provider) in my Republic CDMA activated Moto X Pure.

1 Like

Thank you, seanr, I’m extremely happy to read your reply! It is informative and clarified my doubt about the phone. Thank you very much for your time

1 Like

rolandh, thanks! Great to hear from someone that tried it. Thank you for sharing your your experience. I’m so convinced now!

1 Like

if purchased from Republic as a new customer (new line and account) then it’s GSM (T-Mobile)

For others who may read this things have recently changed.

if purchased from Republic as a** new customer (new line and account) **then it’s GSM or CDMA (Sprint)

Only if Republic CDMA partner will give better coverage, is the GSM partner is better than the phone will be gsm

Message an
Expert customer