Why am I being ask to put in a voicemail password?

I tried to access my voicemail, I have never needed to input a password, as I never set one up. Now I am being ask to put in a password. I can not access my voicemail. Please help. I have a very important voicemail I want to keep

Voice Mail - Today, 1st time, phone requiring password to get VM?

RW change or glitch?

For those who can’t currently access their email here are instructions to set it up a password to use.

https://community.republicwireless.com/docs/DOC-1981-voicemail-lollipop-51#jive_content_id_Set_Your_Voicemail_Password

@johnc.gwcehk Have you tried the phone menu to see if it works for you.

See:

Moto X now requires password for voicemail

Have you tried to set up a password using the Republic app yet?

If I understand this, the password is only supposed to be used for when you call from another phone.

I have a moto g3, not a moto x so why is this happening?

Maybe it’s just a glitch in some update they did to the back end. @seanr still hasn’t replied to my inquiry.

virginiac wrote:

If I understand this, the password is only supposed to be used for when you call from another phone.

I have a moto g3, not a moto x so why is this happening?

Correct about intended use of password.

Happened with my G3 and X Pure so your not alone…

Yes, this a new change to the voicemail access, you will need to use your PIN if you access it by dialing 1.

If you don’t have a PIN, you can set it using the instructions in the document

https://community.republicwireless.com/docs/DOC-1981-voicemail-lollipop-51#jive_content_id_Set_Your_Voicemail_Password

Visual voicemail can be accessed without entering a PIN.

Change to Dial-in Access to Voicemail

Change to Dial-in Access to Voicemail

better late than never for the announcement

Hi @johnc.gwcehk ,

Please see our Help Update concerning this change. I’m locking this thread in order to better be able to respond to questions about the change in one place. I’ll also DM you to make sure you’re now able to access your voicemail.