Why do my calls drop when I get home? How do I play music on my phone?

2 Unrelated questions:

(1) I notice that I drop my current phone call exactly when I enter my house (i.e. whenever my Moto Play Z apparently goes from cell to WiFi). Is there anything I can do about this?

1. I would like to play my music on my phone via Bluetooth in my car. However, I do not want to stream it via cell data so I have playlists downloaded (Apple play provides that option… to play your playlists offline). So, I thought I could turn on the “airplane mode” and play via bluetooth. Apparently, switching on airplane mode disconnects my bluetooth. Is there a solution to play downloaded music via bluetooth?

Paul

In the Republic app settings you can turn off the hand-off from cell to WiFi. This problem does make me wonder if your router is configured to support WiFi calling.

When you go to Airplane Mode all radios are turned off. You can then turn Bluetooth back on.

1.I notice that I drop my current phone call exactly when I enter my house (i.e. whenever my Moto Play Z apparently goes from cell to WiFi). Is there anything I can do about this?

check router setting to the recommended setting Maximizing your WiFi - getting the best from your Router/network, also make sure there is cell extends to when the WiFi picks up

make sure you Republic app is up to date

if these don’t help create a ticket as it should hand-off and not drop calls

1. I would like to play my music on my phone via Bluetooth in my car. However, I do not want to stream it via cell data so I have playlists downloaded (Apple play provides that option… to play your playlists offline). So, I thought I could turn on the “airplane mode” and play via bluetooth. Apparently, switching on airplane mode disconnects my bluetooth. Is there a solution to play downloaded music via bluetooth?
    after hitting airplane mode you need to turn on the Bluetooth radio back on (airplane mode turns off all radios but some like Bluetooth and WiFi can be turn back on in the quick setting
Message an
Expert customer