Why isn't a call coming through?

What phone do you have? Google Pixel 4a

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Includes data

Issue Description

I’ve been trying to work with a local company to schedule an electrician. Every time they call me, the call does not come through and they leave a voicemail. I am able to call them just fine. The number is saved in my contacts and I’ve verified that it is not a blocked number. Are there any reasons why this might be happening?

• Does the problem occur when the phone is on WiFi? Cellular? or Both?
    • If on WiFi, does the problem occur after the phone has been idle?
    • If you left the phone on its charger, would the problem occur?
1 Like

I’m pretty much always on WiFi, so I couldn’t tell you if it happens on Cellular as well. I don’t believe charging is related, but I often leave it charging when these calls are likely to happen.

I did notice that within the Republic Wireless app there is a setting for blocking calls from suspected spammers separate from Android’s settings for blocked numbers. I’ll see if changing that resolves the issue. What determines if numbers become blocked within the Republic Wireless app?

My questioning was to determine if Android’s ‘Doze’ (which helps lessons the battery usage by turning off the WiFi after a period of time). If the problem occurs while the phone is on the charger, it is not a Doze problem). I haven’t dealt with Pixel’s, but supposedly by not optimizing the Republic Wireless App would be exempted from Doze (this doesn’t work on Moto or Samsungs that I have)

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Battery.
  2. Tap the Menu icon. …
  3. Tap Battery optimization. …
  4. Tap the “Not optimized” dropdown menu. …
  5. Tap All apps.
  6. Tap the appropriate app, then tap Done:
  • I will leave the question number blocking to others who can chime in
1 Like

Republic works with a 3rd party company that analyses calling patterns, etc to determine whether a number is being used by a spammer. The list is continously updated with numbers being added and removed. This is generally the way these systems work (for instance Samsung phones come with Hiya incorporated in their dialer for spam calling).

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer