Why will my phone not all of a sudden use WIFI for calling at home?

What phone do you have?
MOTO G4+

What plan are you on?
No data just phone and texting

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

MY full description of my issue is that I the phone will not use WIFI for calling just quit doing so. CANT THE MAKE PHONES this stuff wont change. VERY furstrating

1 Like

already reset all but thanks

Hi Dan,

Did restting everything help?

@jben asked a lot of questions. Do you have any additional information you could share?

Do you see any sort of error message when you try to place a call on Wi-Fi? The exact wording may help us understand the situation better.

Will the phone still call on cell?

Are there any status icons at the top of the screen you could describe for us?

call on cell no error at all that i have seen

Okay. Does the phone indicate it is connected to your home Wi-Fi network? What are you seeing that verifies that connection?

I am on the internet, Also getting message that I cant share a pic to this conversation. What conversation

Hi @danw.bk7f2z,

Let’s focus on the Wi-Fi calling issue first, then tackle the question in your other topic separately. No need to ask the same thing in two places.

(Even though you are seeing my responses in your E-mail and responding to them by E-mail, the conversation is taking place publicy in our Member Community where you first asked your questions.)

What exactly happens when you try to place a call on Wi-Fi?
Can you text on Wi-Fi?

How would I know if I can text, when I call it will say REPUBLIC Wireless. when I test it just texts with no message.

Hi @danw.bk7f2z,

I think this issue may not be something our Member Community will be able to help you with. I’m going to open a ticket on your behalf and ask our technicians to work with you.

2 Likes

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer