So it is about 12 noon on November 30, 2016. I’m at the gas station trying to send a text message on my 3rd Gen Moto G, and after I tried to send it I received an error message that I was not allowed to use the service at this time, msg code 2126. If I try to make calls, I am greeted by a man’s voice saying that I am not authorized to make calls to [any number] at this time, and that I need to call the customer support number if I want to fix it (too bad there’s no customer support line). I logged in to my Republic Wireless profile, and all of my info is there like my email address, credit card info, name, etc. BUT IT SAYS I HAVE NO ACTIVE PHONES AT THIS TIME. WHAT GIVES?? I can’t use my phone AT ALL for calling, texting, or data, I can only use it when I’m connected to WiFi. I’ve had it up to here with these issues and NOBODY is giving me any answers. I’ve been waiting over 24 hours at this point for a real explanation and so far my plan is to switch carriers tomorrow. Thanks in advance if somebody ends up helping me. I’ve just about given up at this point
I’m not sure why you didn’t use the chat line, but it is available. Where is says create a ticket. Make sure they know you have an open ticket. Republic Help
You can also post your ticket number here and one of the ambassadors will contact Republic in your behalf.
There is also a troubleshooting section for your phone that has a list of things to try. https://community.republicwireless.com/docs/DOC-1959#jive_content_id_Troubleshooting
The recommendation above about a chat is a good one. I would try this when connected to wifi in the meantime.
- Restart the phone.
- Reset Republic credentials - Open the dialer, then dial ##8647## while on WiFi.
- Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) - Go to Settings then System Update then Update PRL
- Wipe Sprint settings - open the dialer again and dial ##72786#. (You will get a scary message about things being reset, don’t worry, none of your personal information is impacted, you should say “yes”.)
- Update the profile - go to Settings then System Update then Update Profile. (Again while on wifi)
- Restart again (If it doesn’t automatically)