WiFi Authentification

My old phone remembered WiFi locations I signed onto in the past and automatically authenticated. My Moto G 4 Plus recognizes the WiFi but continues to require the extra step of authenticating to connect. Can’t I have the phone do the authenticating automatically?

Unfortunately, the new Republic app on the 3.0 plans does not save the extra verification steps. You can try using a 3rd party app instead.

amitl wrote:

Republic app on the 3.0 plans does not save the extra verification steps.

Believe that is true only for open/public WiFi. Home or private network settings should be remembered and connect automatically.

Can you recommend a good 3rd party app? It was driving me nuts yesterday trying to figure out how to connect to the different open wifi locations… it is so easy on my Moto X, but not on my new Moto G 4 plus … I try to connect to all open wifi as soon as i can.

See here for some suggestions

WiFi Reconnections

To be clear, this is only required for WiFi access points that require additional verification through opening a browser window.

Password protected public wifi access points only need the password to be entered once and then the phone should remember it and automatically reconnect to it. If that is not happening, do let us know.

Message an
Expert customer