WiFi auto enabled. Republic Wireless has enabled the WiFi radio

How do I permanently disable—switch off—the auto enabled WiFi?

Reopening this question since previous threads have been archived without satisfactory resolution. Best discussion was on this thread.

I get that auto-enabled WiFi is a feature. And I’m not trying to take away from RW’s bottom line by jumping onto a cell network. I am in an area with NO cell reception. Connection with the outside world happens ONLY with WiFi via a satellite dish. But neither am I concerned with getting calls. Callers can leave me a message on Google Voice and I’ll get back to them at my convenience…and I will turn on WiFi to do so.

The point is, I would prefer to go for days with no WiFi connection along with non-existent cell connection. But my phone is always with me because I listen to audio books and podcasts all day…previously downloaded when I consciously made a WiFi connection to the outside world. This worked beautifully on my Moto X 2nd Gen with Android 5.1. But my new Moto X Pure with Android 6.0 insists on second-guessing my choice of remaining disconnected. It auto-enables WiFi when I reboot each morning.

Sounds like you are ok with not having RW service while you are in this mode of operation. So you should be able to simply disable the RW app.

this is not an option on legacy phones

best bet is to use airplane mode

But my new Moto X Pure with Android 6.0 insists on second-guessing my choice of remaining disconnected. It auto-enables WiFi when I reboot each morning.

As per OP’s comment he is having an issue with his new MXP

Message an
Expert customer