WIFI calling choppy performance

What phone do you have?
MOTO G5Plus
What plan are you on?
1GB of data
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Yes

Issue Description

I activated my account 2 weeks ago. I have horrible T-Mobile reception at home, so WIFI calling is critical. I have been in a few calls and every so often the person I am talking to can not hear me. Then it switches to “cell network” which makes things worse. Sometimes the voice sounds choppy, digitized. I have a new (4 months?) dual band router and I live in a very small townhome with excellent signal everywhere. Sometimes I am on the phone sitting just 10 feet from the router. Any idea what is going on? Thank you.

As you state you have poor cell reception, the most likely problem is you also have WiFi that is not optimal.
I would suggest you start with Quick Check #1 &2 of Router Tweaks - Keep WiFi 1st - a Community Guide and the results of Ookla Speed Test (primarly the Ping Jitter and packet Loss)

Hi @fabiof.3ips7p,

It looks like your service line may be impacted by an issue we are investigating. Please open a ticket, describe the choppy, digitized calls, provide any recent call examples you can (date and time of call, number called) and ask that your issue be investigated as part of master ticket # 1487537.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.