Wifi calling not working

I have had trouble with wifi calling from my home since I started with RW. I have done long extensive processes to try to fix to no avail, including suggestions here, with cable company, router company. I had to stop using my phone in my home. As of a few weeks ago my phone will not work well in ANY wifi area. I can be talking in cell area and go into a store that has wifi and it will start sounding all electronic or disconnect. No matter where I am now (someone’s home, a hotel, a coffee shop, etc) I have to turn off wifi in order to talk on my phone. I have a first gen Moto X. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

To be quite honest, if you have a bad Wi-Fi connection the phone should simply switch the call over to cellular before you notice much in the way of problems. Let’s work through some of the basic things. Make sure you have the most up to date Republic Wireless and Republic Telephony apps. The latest apps are Republic Wireless App (version 2.1.3.2269) and Republic Telephony App (version 2.1.4.2281). **The **Republic Telephony App was updated in Dec. 2016 to address problems similar to what you are describing. To check for updated apps:

Update Your App

To function properly with all available features, the Republic Wireless app and the Republic Telephony app (if on Lollipop 5.1) needs to be updated to the latest version. For more info about the latest release, please see Republic Wireless Release Notes.

To update the Republic app:

Play Store - App is Updated.png

Play Store - App Update is Available.png

1. Tap Apps Icon.png Apps.
  2. Scroll until you find Play Store and tap it.
  3. Tap the Google Play Store Menu Icon.png Menu icon in the top left hand corner of your screen.
  4. Tap My apps & games.
  5. Scroll down until you see Republic Wireless and tap it.

On the Republic Wireless App page in the Google Play Store, check the green button on the right of the screen:

• If the button is labeled OPEN
    You’re updated to the latest version of the Republic Wireless App.

• If the button is labeled UPDATE
    A newer version of the Republic Wireless App is available. Tap the button to update.

Note: The UNINSTALL button (the white button on the left) should only be used when directed by the Republic Help team while troubleshooting an issue. (Uninstalling doesn’t remove the app, only reverts it to an earlier version. This clears out some important info, such as data usage history records).

To update the Republic Telephony app:

phone-icons-E-G-X.png

This section is intended for Moto E (2nd Gen.), Moto G (1st and 2nd Gen.), and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen.) users. Republic Wireless 3.0 users don’t need the Republic Telephony app as it’s already built into the Republic Wireless 3.0 app.

Telephony App Uninstall.pngTelephony App Update.png

1. Tap Apps Icon.png Apps.
  2. Scroll until you find Play Store and tap it.
  3. Tap the Google Play Store Menu Icon.png Menu icon in the top left hand corner of your screen.
  4. Tap My apps & games.
  5. Scroll down until you see Republic Telephony and tap it.

On the Republic Wireless Telephony page in the Google Play Store, check the green button on the right of the screen:

• If the button is labeled UNINSTALL
    You’re updated to the latest version of the Republic Telephony App.

• If the button is labeled UPDATE
    A newer version of the Republic Telephony App is available. Tap the button to update.

Note: The UNINSTALL button (the white button on the left) should only be used when directed by the Republic Help team while troubleshooting an issue. (Uninstalling doesn’t remove the app, it reverts it to an earlier version.)

I have this same problem with my Moto G (I think it’s a first gen). I made sure all the afore mentioned RW apps were updated, but still WiFi calls are not working a majority of the time. Also I’m experiencing significant lag in the phone’s overall responsiveness even after a factory reset.

What’s the next step in resolving these issues?

Responsive: try booting in Safe Mode to help determine if it is app related

WiFi: see Maximizing your WiFi - getting the best from your Router/network

Have you gone through the Make and Receive a Phone Call document … by following the sequence provided for your particular phone?

Message an
Expert customer