Wifi calling settings

What phone do you have? Samsung Galaxy S8

What plan are you on? 1GB my choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? talk, text, and one gig of data

Issue Description

For the last couple weeks I’ve been getting push notifications that my wifi calling preferences have been updated to optimize wifi calling. It has always happened on my home wifi network and it always sends at least two push notifications at a time - sometimes there are quite a few dings before it stops. When I try to click the notification it doesn’t take me anywhere or show me where the problem is. Does this have to do with whether or not I have wifi preferred or mobile network preferred under the wifi calling settings? I don’t mind changing the settings but it’s super annoying that it keeps buzzing when there doesnt appear to be any issue.

Hello @rebeccac.nqpzmw,

Welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

The WiFi calling setting should be turned off:

The Republic app handles the WiFi Calling :smiley:

2 Likes

I too experienced this issue with my Galaxy s9 after a recent Android update. The Samsung UI may have updated too. I didn’t have this issue before so it could be that the setting was switched during the update. I noticed that my app drawer was altered as well.

Perhaps other samsung users are getting this wifi calling optimization nag too. Thanks for the solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer