WiFi calls not getting through

What phone do you have?
Moto x4
What plan are you on?
3.0 with 1gb
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Talk and data

Issue Description

When I receive calls at work, while on the company wifi, when I answer calls I hear nothing, then moments later I assume it goes to voicemail. Can I set it so when I’m on my work wifi the calls go to cell? I seem to get texts while on the wifi…

I would guess a visit to your favorite IT guy/gal would be in order … check out Required Ports & Protocols this lays out what is necessary for connectivity
ETA: The referenced discussion on Required Ports & Protocols was developed with a University IT department, a user and Staff at Republic Wireless, and should be understandable to those responsible for the firewalling strategy of your company

@jben’s suggestion is good if you can get your companies IT department to work with you (I work for a large company that wouldn’t budge on opening ports for non-corporate VOIP). If not, the simplest solution is to not connect to your companies Wi-Fi network. I wish there were simply a button for Wi-Fi preferred calling or cellular preferred calling.

1 Like

I’ll second that request. Like you, our corporate Wi-Fi blocks the VOIP ports. I have a strong GSM signal, but incoming calls want to first try Wi-Fi. Apparently, something in RW’s sequence allows the phone to ring through. I see the caller ID, but then lose the connection. Apparently the call isn’t hitting the blocked ports until later in the sequence. The caller often calls back, and if I hit ANSWER before the call is dropped, then I’ll have a GSM call and all is well. Outbound calls are always reliable because they start on cellular.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer