Wifi only Plan question

Happy Holidays all, :grinning:
My son did a promo with Mint Mobile for two months (he’s a month into it)…but says he likes it and is likely to keep it…(even though I pay for his RW service).
I think I already know the answer, but thought I should check to make sure…I can’t move his line to the $5 wifi only plan to ‘hold’ the line/number, correct?.
It’s a Beta line on 4.0, and I have to decide today…(the 28th is my new cycle date).

You were right … sorry

Thanks Ben. Am I understanding that come December our RW lines will no longer be considered ‘Land Lines’, or is that just gonna be for ‘New’ numbers?..(That is the reason why he tried MM I think).

Hi @c1tobor, :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope @jben doesn’t mind me jumping in, I was just looking at this so I though I would answer your question.
Yes, it’s for the new numbers (plans)

Thanks SuperT
I guess I’ll have to cancel it. Sure wish I knew what the “New” plans are going to be…ugh, bad timing for me. :frowning_face:

Or you could pay for a month and bill the son who is deserting us :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hahaha, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Holding the number is easy, park it at NumberBarn for a one-time porting fee of $5 then $2/month thereafter.

If what you really wish to hold is the beta discount, then you would need to continue paying for the My Choice plan. You could still downgrade to the $15/month talk & text only option but would need to do so before 11:59 tonight. If your son’s only reason for moving to Mint is the VoIP number issue, it might be worth doing so for a month to see whether the new plans would work for him.

1 Like

Changes can continue through 11/30.

1 Like

Hi Southpaw!. Actually my new billing cycle is tomorrow. I just went ahead and downgraded the line as those pesky Ambassador’s eluded to. :grinning:

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Get ready for an improved Republic Wireless