WIFI will not turn on

I have tried every method and wifi will not turn on. I slide the button to on…it stays a moment and auto-slides back to off.

Hi @warrenp.teob1f,

Would you be kind enough to let us know if the experience is the same with Bluetooth? If so, I’m very sorry to say you’re likely looking at hardware failure.

ETA:

If Bluetooth toggles on and stays on, the next steps would be:

1. Clearing the Cache
  2. Safe Mode (Lollipop 5.1)

Please resist any suggestion to factory reset your phone for now. If WiFi won’t turn on post factory reset, you will have effectively bricked your phone for cellular use as well. Republic phones require working WiFi to reactivate after a factory reset.

Too late…it’s a brick… What now?

Hi @warrenp.teob1f,

Did you factory reset? If not, the phone should work on cell.

Otherwise, I suggest raising a help ticket with Republic. Republic support may have options for you. You may do so when signed into your Republic account here: Republic Help.

Beyond that, it’s a matter of replacing the phone.

1. New Phones: Republic Wireless 3.0 FAQs
  2. Used Phones: Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones

Ok…I skipped the wifi…recovered my google account. Cleared cashe…bluetooth turns on and works. Stated in safe mode…wifi will not turn on. Same issue.

My sister’s wifi and bluetooth stopped working as well.

Hi @warrenp.teob1f,

It remains unclear to me. Have you factory reset the phone or not? WiFi and Bluetooth share the same circuitry on your phone, so generally when one fails so too does the other, however, this isn’t universal.

Bottom line, if WiFi won’t toggle on and stay on after clearing the Android system cache and won’t remain on in Safe Mode (which is intended to rule out a third party app conflict by disabling those apps), a factory reset would be all that’s left. If the phone is working on cell, I recommend you NOT do so because if doing so doesn’t fix the WiFi issue, the phone won’t work on cell either. If the phone already isn’t working on cell and you haven’t tried a Factory Reset, there’s nothing to lose by trying.

I’m afraid if you can’t get WiFi to stay on, the reality is it’s a matter of replacing the phone. I reiterate my earlier suggestion to have a conversation with Republic support.

Hi @tubeboggan,

If by stopped working, you mean your sister’s WiFi and Bluetooth sliders don’t stay toggled on, I suggest she try the suggestions made earlier in the thread. Otherwise, I suggest you or she consider creating a separate thread describing in as much detail as possible what she’s experiencing. Community might be able to help.

I have a ticket in…I have factory reset…cleared cashe, operated in safe mode, bluetooth DOES work but Wifi still does not…Scratch head?

If you factory reset you can’t activate republic but you can restore your google acct and use cell service.

may want to hear what Motorola says cell phones :: android series :: moto e - Motorola Support

Yes the slider does not stay on. She already bought a replacement on ebay, so will try resetting this phone.

Message an
Expert customer