Will a Motorola Moto X4 (XT1900-2) UNLOCKED work with RW

I’m looking on Ebay to buy a new phone. I’m wondering if this model # will work with RW

No. It will not. The only X4 that works with Republic is the XT1900-1.

On the Motorola website is says the X4 has been tested and carrier-certified by Republic Wireless. Is this not correct? How do I determine if an X4 purchased from Motorola will be the XT1900-1 or XT1900-2?

If you are purchasing from Motorola’s U.S. website, there is nothing to be concerned about. A Moto X4 purchased there will be compatible with Republic.

Model XT1900-02 is an international variant not intended for sale in the U.S. Motorola does not sell international variants on its U.S. website.

1 Like

Thank you! Does the same hold true if it’s running Android 9 Pie which the X4 from Motorola can now be upgraded to?

I currently have the Moto-X Pure edition on Republic so I assume I’d also need a new SIM card from Republic to activate the new Moto-X4, correct?

The operating system wouldn’t be an issue. To the best of my knowledge, the only U.S. variant of the Moto X4 for which Android 9 Pie is currently available is the Android One variant, which works with Republic but lacks some of Moto’s software tweaks. The standard version of the U.S. X4 is still running Oreo but Pie is said to be in its future.

Maybe, maybe not. If the SIM in your Moto X Pure is GSM, it will transfer to a Moto X4. If it’s CDMA, let us know and we’ll provide more insight. Here’s how to tell: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA – Republic Help.

1 Like

Thanks for all the great help!

1 Like

Just confirmed my SIM is GSM, so should be good.

2 Likes

Actually just got Pie last night on my standard version Moto X4 that was purchased directly from Republic! So I have firsthand knowledge it is no longer ONLY going to the Android One variant.

There even are some nifty updates to the Moto exclusive features - so it clearly wasn’t a fluke I got this. I’m sure many others will start getting the Pie update in the coming days (if they haven’t already)!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update - Three of our household’s four lines are on Moto X4s, and 2 of those 3 phones are now on Pie - so it is REALLY rolling out now. I’d imagine pretty much everyone will have their update before the week is out. =)

Update 2 - Just like that we have it on all three AND the official announcement is out! Think it’s time for people to start hitting the “check for updates” button! :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer