Will I have to get a new phone for the 5.0 plan rollout?

I’m sorry if this has been asked and answered but I haven’t found the answer in my searches…

I have a Moto g7 and I’m an existing customer on the My Choice 4.0 plan. My phone is not WiFi calling compatible on the 5.0 plan. Does this mean I have to get a new phone?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Pammibee, this list contains all the compatibility information for RW 5.0: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/4413599944471-Republic-Wireless-Phones-5-0-Plans-

I have successfully moved an old Moto g5+, Moto g5, and Pixel 4a XL to RW 5.0.

2 Likes

Hi @pammibee,

Not necessarily. It means your moto g7 will work on the 5.0 plan but without WiFi calling. This might not be a problem for you if you’re using your phone in areas covered well by AT&T.

If however WiFi calling is a needed function for your situation and you want to move to the 5.0 plans, then yes you would need a new phone.

On the other-hand, You could stay on the 4.0 plan and still have WiFi calling with the g7. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you so much, @SuperT !

I do rely heavily on WiFi because of where I live, however AT&T is the biggest service provider in the area. Phew!!! This may actually be a huge benefit for me!

Thanks,
pammibee

2 Likes