Will MotoX4 phones get updated to Pie Operating system?

We need to update our phones and wonder if the Moto X4 (listed as having Nougat at 32mg)will be ugraded to the latest Android OS, Pie?

That’s Motorola’s decision and it appears that it will be, but Republic is uninvolved in the timing or the process. Article here: https://www.androidauthority.com/motorola-android-pie-update-895384/

as a flagship class phone (be it a lower end flagship) the Moto X4 should see to major OS updates from Motorola
It Launched in the summer of 2017 with 7.0 Nougat and was updated in the summer of 2018 with 8.1 Oreo, I would expect the 9.X Pie around the summer of 2019 (Motorola has not been very good with timely OS updates even the monthly security updates happen more likely every other month and they are one month behind (example my Moto Z2 Play (also a lower end flagship) got the Oct 1st security update on Nov 16 and before that it was on the Aug 1st that I got in September)

My wife got the Pie update last evening on her Moto X4 phone. We both have the 64 gb Android One phone. I’ve not received it yet, but it does look like they are rolling it out.