Will pictures witin my texts transfer when I upgrade to a new phone?

I have a moto x phone and am upgrading to the Samsung S6. When I do the upgrade and transfer my phone number to the new phone will all my text history and the pictures within my texts transfer over to the new phone or will they be lost? If they don’t transfer, how do I save all the pictures in the texts?

Thanks,

Mike

Your pictures, contacts and calendar will transfer if you have them synchronized to your Google account or some other cloud storage like Amazon. Log on to your Google or Amazon account to make sure they are there.

You will need to download an app from Google Play Store that transfers your text messages, as they are not synchronized to your Google account.

Note, phones do break and get lost, so backing up things you don’t want to lose is a good idea. So going foreword, you may want to set up your phone to do just that on a daily bases.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I knew those parts can transfer, but will my text history transfer and pictures that are within the texts? (i.e. pictures people sent to me, not ones I took with my camera).

Thanks,

Mike

No not without some app for backing up text messages. Otherwise they will not sync to new phone.

Message an
Expert customer