Will the Moto G4 Play be restocked?

device

When Republic Wireless phones go out of stock, do they get more? I’m wondering specifically about the Moto G4 Play.

Just checked and it’s only the white version that is out of stock [black still there]

The Moto G4 play is over a year old and who knows if Motorola/Lenovo is still making them

Oh gosh, I’m a big dummy. The black is what i wanted too. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks!

Hi @abigailh.3n7fcb!

Republic is running a sale on the Moto G4 Play so that may be why it is out of stock. I haven’t heard anything about it being permanently OOS, so it should just be temporary. As @drm186 stated, the black is still available. I hope that helps!

mb2x

Hi @abigailh.3n7fcb,

I’m glad the black was what you wanted!

I just studied this morning’s inventory update and we have sufficient stock of the black to get us through about another week, (based on current trends, that could change). Although the inventory sheet does not specifically indicate that phone has been retired from our line-up, there is not a date indicated when we would get more in stock. I can try to follow up on that during the workweek, if you’d like.

Thanks! It’s in my cart already. I’m just wondering how hard it will be to transfer my data (like text messages) from my current Moto G1 to the Moto G4 Play.

A lot of your content will move automatically when you sign into the same Google account. There are apps in the Google Play store that will let you move text messages and call history. Some of our Community members can probably recommend their favorite apps for that process, and explain how to use them, if you need guidance.

There are lots of apps for backing up SMS and MMS. Contacts and apps should sync when you add the same Gmail account to the new phone

Android does a good job of backing up a lot of your stuff (like contacts). There should be an option to restore your new phone from a backup of your old one during the setup process. However this won’t include text messages. You will need to download an app to backup your texts prior to moving. This app seems to have good reviews: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dsms+backup+and+restore&pcampaignid=APPU_1_hPdFWf_jJNS4jAPQkYagCA . I hope that helps!

mb2x

Thanks! So - maybe this should be in another thread - I’m just trying to figure out how this upgrade works… when I buy this new phone it can’t be on my old plan, so then I will have two different phones on two different plans… and two different phone numbers? I’d like to keep my same phone number if possible.

No problem! You can absolutely move your number to your new device! When you open the Republic App (on the new G4 Play) and sign in, there should be an option to move your number to your new phone. This will automatically deactivate your old one and move the number to the new Moto G4 Play.

Oh duh, I have to activate it first. OK that answers all my questions I think! Thanks again.

No problem! If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask! We’re here to help :).

So, if I get a new Moto G4play and upgrade from my old Moto G, do I keep my existing $10.00 per month plan, or must I upgrade that too?

Hi @wallyr!

You will have to move to a new plan. The comparable one is the $15 plan. I hope that helps!

mb2x

Hi @abigailh.3n7fcb,

It seems you were content with the black phone, but just in case anyone else was watching this thread to learn about the white, I’ve just found out we have a very limited quantity on hand and once those are sold out, they will not be restocked. I would not expect them to last more than 1-2 days. In fact, I’d say 2 days is a stretch.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.