Will the Republic Wireless host the Moto X4?

Will the Motto X4 be coming to Republic Wireless. If so when and what will it cost?

Moto X (1st Gen.) Lollipop 5.1 System Update

Hi @johnm.wp5trd,

The answer to your question is no one who might know (Republic staff) will say. Republic does not pre-announce potential new phones.

In addition to this forum category, I suggest keeping an eye on Republic’s official blog here: http://pwk.republicwireless.com.

Further, you might find information on Republic’s social media pages. Links follow.

https://twitter.com/republicwirelss

Hi @johnm.wp5trd,

I assure you, once we are able to make an official announcement about any new product, we will do so in the Announcements & News category of this Community!

Until we make any official announcement about any new products. we cannot (as a company) speculate about them.

In addition to the information provided above by @rolandh you may want to navigate to this page and set the top right function to watching

There is a new reason to hope that Moto X4 will be coming to RW. Project Fi has announced that the X4 will work on their service and have begun taking pre-orders (at $399). I would like my next phone to be compatible with as many other services as possible.

I know that RW doesn’t give advance notice of decisions like this but I wanted to express my interest.

The Android One variant of the Moto X4 will work on Project Fi. Whether Republic qualifies the Android One variant, the North American factory unlocked variant, both or neither is the ultimate question.

Yes, that is indeed the question. I hope that RW will accept the Android One variant. If not, I will probably get a Moto G5+ but I would like to have the choice.

Since, to my knowledge, Moto hasn’t announced a U.S. release date or details of other variants, It may be a while before we know.

And now there is the G5S+ to consider. You would think that RW would qualify that one (of course, they won’t say until it happens) since it is an upgrade to the G5+ that they currently offer. The G5S+ is selling for the same price as the G5+ and has some of the features of the X4 such as all metal body and dual rear camera which makes me wonder whether the X4 at $100 more is worth waiting for.

I do remember the days when it took forever for RW to release a new phone. Now they are somewhat better but not super speedy and phone choice is not as wide as I would like it to be. Overall, I’m still an RW fan.

Now that the regular US version of the Moto X4 is going on sale on Amazon and other retailers today and tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed that Republic will be announcing very soon that it will be available on BYOD. Republic has worked on every Moto Amazon Prime exclusive phone so far so I hope the same will be for the Moto X4

Hi @melissav.wzkpau,

Please see our announcement:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.