Will those on Educator Discount be Grandfathered in once the plan ends?

I read on Reddit that someone was told by a RW chat agent that those on the Educator Discount plan would not lose their discount when the program ends in May. They would be Grandfathered in at the 50% off price. I read otherwise on this forum.

Can an employee confirm or deny? Sadly, I have been given wrong info by chat agents in the past but have always had positive help and correct info on the forum. Thanks

I believe this Support Note provides the official answer

1 Like

So no grandfathering in? That is how I understood it when I read that as well but was confused when I heard that a chat person told another subscriber that they would be grandfathered in.

Seems like another case of a misinformed chat agent :frowning:

Yes, it does. The discount does not continue (there is no grandfathering, the program is simply over).

Thanks for the confirmation.

@mvictoria621,

Would you be able to point me to that reddit thread? I’d like to find a way to trace this back and make sure the chat agent has the correct information.

1 Like

Not sure how to link the thread to this forum via my phone but its mentioned in the newest post in the r/republicwireless group.

It’s discussing the new the $15 T-Mobile Connect plan.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ve found it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer