Windows desktop Republic anywhere

anywhere on my desktop has stopped sending pictures. Receives pictures. I have reset local content. Exit and signed in again. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still not sending pictures. Sends Text A-OK!

Any fix or time for a different app?

Hi @car_done,

The Anywhere app is no longer under development, so there will be no fixes or updates coming from the developers.

If no other Community member chimes in with a solution for you, then you may want to try the Messages app by Google on your phone and the associated Messages for Web for your computer.

What operating system is your desktop using, and is there any sort of error message when you try to send a picture? What steps are you taking to try to attach a picture, and where in the process does it fail?

Are you on Windows 10, and have applied the latest update? … Did you Restart your Desktop in troubleshooting the Anywhere problem?

10 Pro. Anywhere appears to accept picture. shows it all right, press send and it just goes away never to be seen again

dont know and yes

@car_done
Please try opening Task Manager in Windows - Ctrl + Alt + Del
Click on every occurance of Anywhere and click on End Task
Restart your computer and then login to Anywhere
See if you can now send pictures.

still the same…

Looks like the Dish curse has begun…

Sorry about that, I can say it’s not because of Dish. I sucessfully sent and receive photos with Anywhere, something else must be going on. Even though Anywhere isn’t being developed any longer, there was an update awhile back. Do you have the latest updated version 2.5.12 (5c776)? You can check by clicking on Help and the version will be on the top.

republic

You if haven’t tried already, you might want to try Deregistering and then reregistering the computer.

I personally would switch to Google Messages via a browser then on your computer and via the app on your phone. I personally like it better because one less app to install. It does require the phone to be on and working though. That is the disadvantage of it over Anywhere.

I may have to or to something else…I do not like the liberal spies at google.

What do you propose that would do that nothing else so far has done?

Well, I won’t get into the political conversation of Google, I personally enjoy Google Messages via my laptop web browser.

Finally, you said you tried to uninstall/reinstall the app, did you reboot the computer before you reinstalled the app? If not, I would recommend you try again, but this time reboot before the reinstall.

Mine does the same, except the photo and image then show up as a sent message. Are you pasting the image, or selecting it from a folder on the computer?

Have you tried different sizes of images?

1 Like

I’m thinking there is an issue with compression of the photos on your end. Have you tried sending photos that have a small file size, such as a .png instead of a .jpg?

does not show as sent nor does the other person receive it…just goes away

either way of selecting results are the same.

worked fine one morning. Returned from the woods in the evening and it did not work. No changes were made and computer is never turned off. I suspect the problem is on Republics end.

yes

worked fine one morning. Returned from the woods in the evening and it did not work. No changes were made and computer is never turned off. I suspect the problem is on Republics end.

The problem just might be that you never turned it off. Try doing a shut down, not a restart for a few minutes. This will clear the computers RAM.

no help! Next

Message an
Expert customer