Words with Friends and Moto G (3rd Gen) not compatible?

What phone do you have?
MotoG3
What plan are you on?
Data Refund
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Talk, Text, I purchase .5 Gig monthly

Issue Description

I uninstalled Words with Friends from my Moto G 3 because the game was so slow that it was not responding and I would have to exit and try to reload the game multiple times. Now that I have uninstalled it, I see that it is no longer available through Google Play Store. I searched and found “help” in the form of clearing the Play cache and data, which I did. Still no Words with Friends available in Googe Play Store.

Any help from any of you?
Thanks!

Perhaps it was purged from the Play store die to privacy.malware sady add practices.
Google has been aggressive lately cleaning out junk apps.

Also, if u are on an old G3 then most likely, the app was removed from Play store due to is age and lack of updates. Google also is starting to remove outdated apps for it End of Life versions of Android.

Hi @markh.4gqbic

I see Words with Friends in the Play Store:

Words With Friends

It (according to its specs), will work with Android 6.0 and up (Marshmallow) which should be the OS your Moto G3 is on.

The Moto G3, along with all legacy phones is and only will ever have Android 5.1 Therefore Words with Friends is not compatible as it requires at least Android 6.0.

Wikipedia (and other sites) say it goes to 6.0.1
Moto G (3rd generation)

Are you saying that the Republic versions of those phones did not get that update?

I’m saying that no carrier version got Android 6. Moto upgraded only the factory unlocked version. All of the Republic legacy phones, the Moto X1, X2, G1, G3, E1 and E2 are forever stuck on 5.1.

Thank you for the clarification. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I have 5.1.1 and my phone says my software is up to date.

That’s correct. You phone is up-to-date. That’t the last version of the OS released for your phone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer