Wrong time stamps on text messages

texting
master_ticket

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

Hi, I’ve been using RW for about 5 days now with my Moto X4, and it’s been working great. Except for one funny issue: apparently my texts are coming from the future. When I highlight a text and then tap the ‘info’ icon, the received time shows up correctly, but the sent time is 15 hours and 45 minutes ahead. I sometimes like to check when a message was sent because I’m often outside without WiFi or cell signal (I do a lot of hiking and long-distance backpacking), and so I don’t always receive messages right away. I’m using Signal as my messaging app (no problem with my old provider), but I also tried with the default Google Messages app and got the same problem. Any ideas?

Hi @string_bass,

That is a fascinating observation, and something I had never noticed before. Thanks for pointing it out, I will see what we can find out about it.

Thanks for looking into this. Have you been able to find out anything about it yet?

Hi @string_bass,

Nothing yet. I’ll certainly update you when I do have news.

Hi @string_bass,

We have created a bug ticket with our engineers. While it is easily duplicated, they have not yet been able to investigate the cause. This one might take a while to solve just because of the very limited impact.