Yahoo keeps freezing on android phone

What phone do you have? Samsung Galaxy J7

What plan are you on? 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data talk and text

Issue Description

Happy Easter first.

On my phone, I have several Yahoo accounts. Just in the past week, Yahoo keeps freezing up.

I have done an internet search and followed their options.
I forced stopped the Yahoo app., I cleared the data, cache, restarted the phone, took the Yahoo app, off and re installed. Still freezes up.

Thank you for any help.

James

On the off chance that it could be another 3rd party app that is causing the problem you could try the following

• Go to Google Play Store/ :menu: Menu / My apps & games / INSTALLED (tab) then Sort by last updated and look for an update that occured about the time you began having the problem
1 Like

Hi @jamesm,

Happy Easter to you as well!

Which Yahoo app are you referring to? I ask because if it’s their email app, Yahoo is aware of the issue. Please note their response to Sue Price’s play store app review: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail.

Yahoo’s interim suggestion is to access Yahoo email via a mobile web browser such as Chrome.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I have the Yahoo mail Organized email app. I did not know there was more than one.

I hope Yahoo fixes it soon. It is annoying.

James

1 Like

HI,

Thank you for your response. Someone emailed me and said there is a problem and Yahoo is aware and working on the problem.

Thank you,

James

Hi @jamesm,

Please know though you see them in email, our responses like your initial question are posted to Republic’s public online Community forums. You may see that in a web browser by clicking (or tapping) here: Yahoo keeps freezing on android phone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer