Zip code for a t-mobile phone

Can someone from RW tell me a zip code that will result in a t-mobile z-play phone being shipped? My current g4+ does very well where the tool says I don’t have service. And I know for a fact that Sprint does not work.

Hi @cb1,

I don’t happen to know of a zip code that will guarantee GSM rather than CDMA coverage though I do know Republic considers GSM coverage (not Sprint) to be superior in my zip, which is 33321.

One can guarantee GSM coverage by purchasing a compatible phone from a third party retailer. More here: How to Bring Your Own Phone to Republic Wireless (BYOP) – Republic Help. All bring your own phones activate with coverage provisioned for Republic’s GSM partner.

The z play will always be GSM, it is a GSM only phone.

Is that why it comes up as not recommended for certain areas? Also how can I see all the gsm only phones?

Thanks so much

GSM only phones that Republic sells are
The Huawei Ascend 5W
The Moto Z
The Moto Z Play
The Samsung Galaxy J3
GSM BYOD phones that only have GSM radios are
The Samsung Galaxy S6
The Alcatel 30A

Thank You that is as I suspected

In addition, any phone can be made a GSM phone by getting a BYOD SIM from Republic, and activating it for the phone as BYOP is GSM only.

This info is also chronicled here

the Alcatel A30 is missing from that list (a BYOD option like the Samsung Galaxy S6)
not the first place I would look for it (I would expect this information to be included in the supported (Compatible) phone page

)

I have submitted that for update a few weeks ago…Hopefully, it will be updated soon.

I agree, it might be useful to note what phones are CDMA/GSM in the phones page as well.

Probably just as easy to point folks to Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless.

that does not list GSM only phones which was the question (though all BYOD are GSM many can be converted or taken to a CDMA provide)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.